|From the website:
"Mike's Belay Glasses are a no-hassle way of equipping oneself with the latest in Littrow prism technology to ease the belayer's lot in life. Basically, one looks forward to gaze upward, saving on neck strain. "
1. They allow the belayer to comfortably assume a position closer to the base of climbs, which translates to a safer belay.
2. They allow the belayer to more fully concentrate attention to the task at hand, especially on long, protracted sessions.
3. They accomplish this at roughly 1/4 the cost of the other product on the market — much easier for average climber's budget.
4. One of the advantages of prismware is that it doesn't invert the image of the climber the way a mirror would — also, it slightly magnifies what one sees.
5. Note that all belay glasses currently manufactured use a 60° (not 90°) deviation. 90° would cause a great deal of the field of vision to be obscured by one's face and hair.
+ More >>