|If you need to know your pan's temperature and what is the too much heat? The Digital Thermometer Frying Pan($50) packed a thermometer with readout in the handle of pan which can show temperature in degrees Fahrenheit and Celcius.
So, now when the recipe calls for "medium-high heat", and the pan reads "400 degrees F", and your traditional Oaxacan Platanos Asados come out just right, you can mark down in the margins the precise temperature, and get it right every single time. Science - it's all about being able to duplicate results. So is cooking!
• 20cm (7.8 inch) diameter Dupont-nonstick skillet
• Thermometer in the pan with readout in the handle
• Shows temperature in degrees Fahrenheit and Celcius (Sorry, no Kelvin!)
• Readout removable for easy cleaning
• Thick-gauge stainless steel exterior for even heat
• Dishwasher safe (by removing the readout)
• Works on direct heat (gas, electric, halogen) and induction cooktops