Gear : AD , Apple , Baby , Bike , Camcoder , Camera , Cellphone , Concept , Design , Desktop , DIY , Film , Gadget , Gaming , Headphone , HIFI , Laptop , Other , Pet , Pic , Phone , Projects , Sport , Spy , Software , Steampunk , News , Man , MediaPlayer , Military , MusicKit , Office , Toy , Tools , Video , Tech ,
40 km of Go Beyond Borders tape was produced to mark the original position of the Berlin Wall and 8 Street Art Installations told heroic stories of those who conquered the divide between East and West Berlin.
Aside from bringing the partygoers all to a common eye level (and eliminating the awkward postures of party talk between the tall and the short), the gathering is lent an infographic nature by the shoes: all made from blue foam, the person's real height is read in the visual uniformity of the sole instead of at the head—like a walking bar graph.
The TV project, according to the New York Times, is still under wraps, but that hasn’t stopped the details from leaking. The GTV will be based on the Android OS, and come in the form of both a set-top box and actual TV-sets. There will be regular television, of course, but also Hulu, YouTube and other web-video sources, as well as games and apps for social networking.
It seems like Google are close to releasing developer tools for Google TV, developer tools are expected in the next two months, Logitech has reportedly been approached to make peripherals such as speakers and a QWERTY-equipped remote. If you want to a Google TV?
Sony has officially announced a new motion controller for their PS3, the PlayStation Move. The PlayStation Move is a motion-sensing peripheral, which in conjunction with the PlayStation Eye Camera (which is already on the market) allows precise motion-controlled video gaming on the PlayStation 3. [ link ]
'This has been the most ambitious project I have undertaken to date,’ Berg said.
‘It’s really like a real construction project because you have to engineer every single adjacency and every support that’s supporting everything above,’ he added.
‘I was inspired to stack cards by my card-playing grandfather; maybe I can inspire some visitors at The Venetian Macao to try their hand at building their own structures.
‘There couldn’t be a more fitting place to build the world’s largest house of cards than at the world’s largest resort hotel,” he added. [ link ]
"A New Zealand outfit called Martin Aircraft Company is going to start selling commercial jetpacks for about $75,000. They're 200-horsepower dual-propeller packs that can "reach heights of up to 2,400 metres and top speeds of 60mph" and don't require a pilot's license. Look for pill food and robot butlers soon."
"Early prototypes of the ball use an inductive coil mechanism similar to the technology found in shake-to-charge flashlights. The movement of the ball forces a magnet through a metal coil that "induces" voltage in the coil to generate electricity. For each 15 minutes of play, the ball can store enough energy to illuminate a small LED light for three hours. "
"Of all the female console players out there, 80% (about 9 million) play the Wii. The other 20% is split between Xbox 360 and PS3. Basically Nintendo owns the female market.
These statistics do make sense — if you think about the games on Wii and DS, many of them just seem like their geared towards girls. "
It wouldn't be surprising to know that thousands of moms who secretly bought the Wii for her son but really just wanted to use Wii fit themselves.
Note: my god! I love this pic, via.