|PENTAX's new 12 megapixels rugged camera(5x internal optical zoom ), Optio W80($300; July 2009) features waterproof(under depths of up to 16 feet), dustproof, coldproof and shockproof(enough to withstand impact from a fall of more than three feet). It is compact design(one-inch body), has a 2.5 inch LCD screen and a wide-angle 28mm lens. Other feauturing includes face detection, shake reduction, HD-Widescreen video recording(1280 x 720) at 30fps. And it also comes with Gunmetal Gray and Azure Blue colors.
• 12.1 Megapixels for detailed images that can be printed in large sizes.
• 5X internal optical zoom in a slim 1 inch body is equivalent to 28-140mm.
• Wide angle 28mm lens gives an expanded perspective to images, ideal for indoor, landscape, or group shots.
• 2.5 inch LCD monitor features anti-reflective coating, making it easy to view, even in bright sunlight.
• Waterproof design withstands depths up to 16 feet (5 meters) to protect from rain and spills, as well as allowing full underwater photos and video.
• Rugged Shockproof design protects against drops of 3.3 feet, ensuring the camera is protected from hard use and the occasional "spills" on dry land.
• Coldproof design allows the camera to be used in sub-zero temperatures of -10¡ã Celsius (14¡ã Fahrenheit), ideal for cold weather activities such as skiing and snowmobiling.
• Widescreen, HD movie capture records resolutions up to 1280x720 pixels at full-speed 30 frames per second.
• Fast Face Detection technology sees up to 32 faces in 0.03 seconds, with Smile Capture and Blink Detection, for perfect portrait shots.
• Pixel Track Shake Reduction (SR) ensures sharp images in any lighting condition, without adding high ISO noise. Digital SR and Movie SR are also available.
• Close focusing, Super Macro mode brings out the details in even the smallest subjects as close as 1 cm.