|Today Samsung announced two digital cameras, the Samsung DualView TL225 and TL220. They have one 1.5" LCD located on the front of the camera and another one on the back of the camera. Photographers can now step out from behind the camera and see your self-portraits. Cool! The Camera has 4.6x optical zoom, image Stabilization and 720p video recording at 30 frames-per-second in H.264 format. The TL225 has a 3.5 inch wide touch-screen LCD at 1,125K resolution, the TL220 has a 3 inch in the back. Price is $300 and $350 for the TL220 and TL225. Both will be launch in September.
Key features of the Dual LCDs include:
- When the camera is turned on, activate the front LCD by tapping the screen. It will automatically be set in Self-Portrait mode, ensuring that the user will always be framed exactly the way they want. You can also turn on the front LCD with a simple selection through the intuitive interface. When in Self-Portrait mode, the camera will also engage its smile detection technology, automatically taking a photo when it recognizes a smile.
- In Child Mode, the front LCD plays a fun animation to capture a child¡¯s attention while taking their photo.
- Shutter Info ensures you take a photo of your subject while they¡¯re smiling. When using Shutter Info, the front LCD will display a ¡°smiley face¡± when the photographer has the shutter button pushed halfway down, giving the subject a signal that you¡¯re ready to take the photo.
- Function Info helps you keep track of what flash and macro value you¡¯re currently using, as the front LCD provides a visual readout of key camera settings.
- When taking a group photo using the Self-Timer, the front LCD will show a preview of the shot as well as a visual countdown timer so that everyone knows exactly when the photo will be snapped.