It's a project on kickstarter, Good idea... or terrible?
"· Universal, Effective, and Safe when used responsibly (iPhone, Blackberry, Android, etc.)
· Professionally engineered to keep your phone flush against the top of the steering wheel
· Designed to not interfere with deployment of the airbag
· Ability to rotate/tilt for customized viewing and placement for proper viewing of odometer. Can use full functionality of your smart-phone - when vehicle stationary
· Phone stays in place securely and will not hit your legs while rotating the steering wheel
· Installs in less than 30 seconds and no tools are necessary.
· Overcomes top complaints inherent with all other hands-free accessories: limited viewing, bad placement, limited access, having to move eyes too much, unable to use GPS properly, can't use speaker phone, among others
Some of the uses of The Steer Safe include:
· Making/receiving phone calls
· Using your GPS
By Ben on Sat Aug 6 2011